Growing faster than any other social media platform, Instagram has changed the way we reach our customers by offering them new and more convenient ways to engage with brands and buy their products.
Today, over 2 million businesses use Instagram to connect with their customers. Not only can users of the Instagram app research a brand’s products and services, they can also buy products directly from your photos or videos using Instagram Shopping.
But perhaps the best bit about the rise of social media is that it has made marketing more accessible than ever.
For example, businesses can easily set up an Instagram account free of charge and can start reaching their audiences with no investment at all if they want to opt for organic marketing campaigns. But, if you want to run paid ads too, it's all available in the same place. Plus, because these ads are targeted, you'll be driving highly qualified customers to your pages. That’s definitely a win-win.
What’s the best way to reach customers through Instagram?
So, Instagram may have changed the way we talk to our customers by making our communication more direct, more personal, and more engaging, but how can you use your Instagram marketing strategy to take your brand to the next level?
1) Learn how to use Instagram hashtags effectively
Using hashtags can boost engagement by over 12%. That means it’s a good idea to implement a hashtag strategy for your brand if you’re keen to grow your Instagram followers.
But what do Instagram hashtags actually do?
- They act as a marker so that your content is easier to find
- Help customers find relevant content
- Improve engagement rates
- Encourage interactions
2) Talk to your Instagram followers with Instagram Live
One of the best ways Instagram is changing how we reach our customers is the opportunity for brands that operate purely online to connect directly with their audience.
Instagram Live is not only great for bringing in new Instagram followers, but it also allows your customers to connect with you in an authentic, direct, and accessible way.
How will this help your business?
- It boosts customer engagement and is a great channel for selling products
- Gives your brand the personal touch
- Helps with brand recognition and customer loyalty
3) Showcase your brand with Instagram Stories
If you’re using Instagram for business, Instagram Story ads are a perfect way of getting your brand and products in front of an engaged audience.
Research has shown that 75% of Instagram app users make a purchase or visit the brand’s website after watching an Instagram story ad.
What content can you share with Instagram Story ads?
- Great for special announcements and limited time offers
- Build your brand identity with behind-the-scenes sneak peeks
- Boost engagement with user-generated content
- Drive sales with special offers, deals, and promotions
Want to find out more about using Instagram for business?
Check out our blog on How Instagram Ads Can Benefit Your Business for some ideas on how to use Instagram for paid advertising.
4) Research the best time to post on Instagram
Doing some research into the best time to post on Instagram will help give you the edge when it comes to growing your audience and getting engagements. Being consistent about posting your content is always a good practice, but if you learn when your customers are most active on the Instagram app, then you’ll have a much better chance of your content being seen.
So, what is the best time to post on Instagram in the UK?
- Weekends are generally considered to generate less engagement. But, if you want to put content out at the weekend, you should aim for around 11 am on Saturday
- During the week, Tuesday to Friday are the best days to plan content
- It’s generally advised that posting around 6 am, 12 pm, and 10 pm will gain the most engagement