How Do I Register for IOSS?
Businesses based in the UK need to appoint an EU-resident intermediary, like a tax agent, to register for them. An intermediary will then perform the following actions on their behalf:
- Submit monthly IOSS VAT returns that contain the total value of the goods sold, their VAT rate and the total VAT amount to be paid, broken down by standard and reduced rate and for each EU country where the goods are transported to.
- Make a monthly payment of the VAT due as declared in the IOSS VAT return.
When selling internationally, we understand that managing your tax can be complicated! That's why we've joined forces with tax experts Avalara.
Avalara provides expansive, cloud-based systems to help its customers manage their Sales and Use tax as well as VAT compliance obligations.
Their team of tax experts are on hand to offer guidance to any Parcel2Go customer looking to sell goods overseas. Avalara is able to manage all forms of transactional taxes regardless of industry and is a smart choice for e-commerce companies looking to tackle the complexities of international tax structures.
Use the contact form below to get in touch with an Avalara representative:
Once registered for IOSS, You Can:
- Display the amount of VAT your EU customers need to pay at the end of the order process.
- Collect VAT from EU customers on goods bound for an EU country.
- Provide the IOSS number for customs clearance to Parcel2Go as part of the order process.
- Submit electronic monthly VAT returns via the IOSS portal of the country where you are registered for IOSS and make a monthly payment of the VAT declared to that country.