A good lunch can make the difference between a dull day on the job and a great one. It can put you in a good mood for the rest of the day or provide that motivation to get through the morning, knowing you’ve got something tasty waiting for you.
At Parcel2Go, we realise the importance of a quality lunch for tradesmen. There are only so many dry cheese sandwiches you can eat before you’ll snap. That’s why we’ve put together a competition where tradesmen can win the ultimate lunch, delivered to your team on the job.
In order to find out what makes the ultimate tradesman lunch, we conducted some primary research out of curiosity and to provide some inspiration for the prize.
The Favourite Work Lunch of Tradesmen
Firstly, we asked tradesmen: ‘What is your favourite lunch when you are at work?’ A wide range of answers was supplied, from vague ‘homemade sandwiches’ and ‘leftovers’ to more specific ones such as a ‘smoked salmon and salad sandwich, then watermelon’ (presumably a slice and not the whole thing!).
The survey revealed that the favourite lunch of tradesmen was a sandwich, according to 28% of responses, with 21% answering with a ham and cheese sandwich. Easy to put together and filling, it’s a staple of the British diet. A jacket potato with a topping was the second most popular choice with 13% of the vote, followed by soup and bread with 12%.
Popular lunch choices include:
1. Ham & Cheese sandwich – 28%
2. Jacket Potato with a topping – 13%
3. Soup and bread – 12%
4. Salad with chicken or tuna- 11%
5. Pasty/pie- 5%
6. Pizza- 5%
7. Chicken and rice 4%
8. Burger and chips 4%
9. Pasta 3%
10. Sushi 2%
How Often do Tradesmen Get Lunch Delivered?
We also asked how often tradesmen get their lunch delivered to work on average. Of those that get food delivered to work, the majority admitted to getting it twice a week, while many also said just once. This could be as a start and/or end to the week treat in some cases. Quite a few people said three times a week as well, while not many answered with four or more times a week to receive food deliveries when on the job.
The younger generation is definitely keener (or lazier) to get food delivered at work. 11.1% of 18 to 24-year-olds said they get food delivered three times a week, compared to just 1.2% of those in the 55+ category.
Enter Our Competition Online
Win your ultimate lunch for you and your team to be delivered onsite by entering our competition. Don’t worry, as our research shows, you won’t be getting a platter of sushi – the cuisine will be entirely your choice.
All you’ve got to do is enter your contact details (name, email address and job title) to be in with a chance of winning. Soon you could all be looking forward to tucking into the ultimate tradesman lunch.
Once you’ve entered, why not let us know what your favourite work lunch is?
The ultimate tradesman lunch competition terms and conditions
1. The Promoter of this prize draw is Parcel2Go of The Cube, 1A Parklands, Bolton, BL6 4SD (Promoter).
2. The prize draw is open to tradesman aged 18 years or over, EXCEPT employees of the Promoter.
3. Entries can be submitted via the entry form on the Parcel2Go website, where you are required to submit your name, email address, and name and address of your company.
4. Multiple entries per person are permitted.
5. Entrants warrant that the work they submit is original and that they are the sole owner of the copyright in it. By entering, you give the Promoter the permission to use your name and photos of receiving the price for any promotional material once the competition is closed.
6. The opening date for entries is the 13th October 2017. The closing date for entries is 6 pm 3rd November 2017. Entries received after this time will not be accepted.
7. The winner will be selected at random by the promoter and notified by email on or before the 7th November 2017.
8. Acknowledgement of the prize by the winners must be received by 6 pm 13th November 2017. Should the Promoter not receive confirmation from the winner by this time, the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner at random.
9. The winner will receive a voucher for a free lunch worth £20 per person which can be shared with a maximum of 5 people (maximum order £100) delivered to their place of work from a fast food retailer as specified by the promoter at a time and date mutually convenient for the winner and the Promoter.
10. The prize cannot be passed onto someone else. If the prize is not accepted, another winner will be selected at random. You can also not request a cash prize.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to check validity and reject entries with reasonable cause.
12. The Promoter is compliant with the data protection act. Our policy is such that we will not pass on your details to any third party without your prior consent.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control make it necessary to do so.
14. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
15. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
17. The competition will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.