Gumtree doesn’t provide shipping and delivery services through its own platform. If you sell your items through its website, they will expect you to either meet with your buyer to exchange the item, or to arrange your own delivery.
This is where Parcel2Go can help. Our shipping starts from just £2.25 exc VAT and we have a variety of both collection and drop off services.
Get a quote to see how much you could save on Gumtree delivery.
As one of the most popular online selling websites, Gumtree lets you convert your unwanted belongings into cash, selling anything from cars to clothing.
Understanding how Gumtree delivery works means understanding how you sell on this marketplace.
How to Sell on Gumtree
Selling your items on Gumtree is easy. All you need to do is set up your account, following along the instructions on Gumtree’s website, and you’re good to go.
Here’s a few top tips to help your items appeal to as many buyers as possible.
- Choose the category for your item carefully. This will help your products appear in search results.
- If you’re offering local collection on your items, don’t forget to enter your postcode.
- Good descriptions and images are key to selling your items quickly. You can even add links to YouTube videos if you want to go the extra mile.
What Are the Benefits of Selling on Gumtree?
- Listings are free - Not only is it free to list your items, you won’t have to pay a fee to Gumtree when you sell your items either.
- Relaxed selling atmosphere - Whilst they expect good customer service, there’s not so much pressure on maintaining top feedback score as there is on other auction sites.
- No PayPal - For those who don’t have a PayPal account, this is great news. Buyers who use Gumtree are most likely to deal in cash, but they allow other payment methods.
- Reach 25% of UK population - With 14 million active users per month, that’s a lot of people looking at your products. Yes, it’s smaller than eBay, but there’s a lot less competition and a greater likelihood of your items standing out from the crowd.
- Promotion tools included - Gumtree offers ad options to help you target specific audiences. These are great for when you want to boost your selling potential.
What is Gumtree Delivery?
At Parcel2Go, we’ve partnered with Gumtree to bring you the best Gumtree delivery options. This means that we can offer you:
1. The cheapest delivery rates in the UK
We can help you reach even more buyers than before by offering you the best parcel delivery rates in the UK, and by checking hundreds of prices every day to make sure we always offer the cheapest courier services.
Our Lowest Price Guarantee means that if you do find a cheaper price elsewhere, we’ll refund the difference.
2. The UK’s biggest Gumtree delivery couriers
You can be confident your parcel is in expert hands when you send your Gumtree delivery with Parcel2Go. Whatever you’re sending, you’ll have plenty of choice from couriers such as Yodel, Evri, UPS, DHL, and more.
Choose from collection or drop off services, next day or large parcel delivery – we really do have a service to suit all your needs!
Get a quote compare all courier services.
3. Parcel tracking as standard
You might not be chasing good feedback with Gumtree, but you’ll still want to provide your buyers with a great service. That’s why all our shipping services come with the added benefit of free online parcel tracking.
Not only will you know when your item has been delivered, your customer will be able to keep track of their purchase every step of the way - perfect for extra peace of mind.
Is Gumtree Delivery Safe?
When you book with Parcel2Go, you can trust us to deliver your parcels safely and on-time.
Our statistics speak for themselves:
- 10 million parcels were sent with Parcel2Go last year
- 12 thousand business customers trust us to ship their parcels
- 24/7 Customer Service means we’re always on hand to help
Selling on Other Online Marketplaces?
If you sell across multiple sales channels, you can send your parcels all from one place and reduce your admin with Smart Send.
Smart Send is Parcel2Go’s free shipping management platform.
You can integrate Smart Send with all the marketplaces such as eBay, OnBuy, Etsy, Amazon, and more – letting you manage your deliveries from one super easy-to-use dashboard.
Smart Send can help you:
- Keep postages costs low with the cheapest domestic rates guaranteed
- Save time by managing your parcel deliveries from one platform
- Boost service ratings by providing accurate delivery estimates for your customers
- Reduce admin time by generating single or batch labels
With so many tools to help you supercharge your business or side hustle, Smart Send will make booking and sending the products even easier.