Security Tips and Fraud Prevention
At Parcel2Go.com, ensuring your safety and security when using the Parcel2Go.com website is our top priority.
Unfortunately sometimes people use the Parcel2Go.com brand to create fake websites and trick people into scams. Please be assured that any scams that are currently ongoing are being addressed with the correct authorities and every effort being made to shut down them down.
If you believe you have discovered or been invited into a Parel2Go.com fake website then please contact us immediately on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see below a list of scams we are currently aware of:
Apartment To Rent Scam
We are aware of a scam which offers apartments for rent and claims to use Parcel2Go in the transaction. Currently this is being offered on apartments in Australia and large amounts of money are being requested as deposits. The “landlord” is giving the following information to prospective tenants:
"I start over the process with Parcel2Go here in Bolton and I leave the keys and a copy of the contract at Parcel2Go. Then they'll e-mail you all the information you need to continue the transaction at your end. As per the Parcel2Go`s instructions you send the funds to Parcel2Go and then Parcel2Go will FedEx-overnight the keys and the contract to you. Then you look around the apartment and decide whether take it or not. If you decide not to rent the apartment Parcel2Go will refund you within 24 hours and you return the keys to me. It's clear and simple. This is the only way to do it given the circumstances and that is an overseas rental process. All I want is to both be safe."
Please be aware that Parcel2Go do not accept keys or copy contracts and this scam should be avoided at all costs. We are a reputable parcel delivery service and the link to the website is fake. Please DO NOT enter into any transaction of this nature.
The Payment Protection Buyer/Seller Scam
Please be careful as the people responsible for this scam have gone to great lengths in trying to replicate our site. They are passing themselves off as Parcel2Go but offer a payment protection service where they persuade the seller into paying them the value of the item and delivery cost whilst claiming to then pass the value paid onto the buyer.
Here is how they describe their service:
"Both parties agree to terms of the transaction, which includes a description of the merchandise, sale price, number of days for the Buyer's inspection, and any shipping information. The Seller goes to a Parcel2Go location and starts the Parcel2Go transaction, the Buyer submits payment, Parcel2Go verifies the payment. Processing time varies by payment method and ships merchandise to the Buyer. The Buyer has a set number of days for an inspection and the option to accept or reject the merchandise. Parcel2Go pays the Seller by the method selected by the Seller. The transaction is complete."
We offer no form of escrow style payment protection between buyers and sellers so please be wary of any site that claims this and stay well away.
There is currently a scam that is using the Parcel2Go name.
The Customer will get a text to say that Michael from London sent them a parcel and to release the item they must first pay they carriage. Please ignore the message and do not send any money to any person regarding this parcel.
There is a fraudulent webpage using the Parcel2Go logo offering cheap postage in the US.
Please be aware that Parcel2Go.com are based in the UK and whilst we do offer US services, all our transactions would be in Pounds sterling, or Euros.
Parcel2Go Employment Scam
We are currently aware of a lady going by the name of Samantha Gilkerson approaching people falsely representing herself as Personnel Manager of Parcel2Go.
In her email to users, she states that she has found that person's CV on a job website, and that she has a position available to them.
The email address being used in this scam is email@example.com. This is in no way associated with us and we strongly advise that this "person" should not be contacted.
Please note that any communication from Parcel2Go employees will be from an official email address i.e:- firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently aware of a company called Omega Travel based in Manchester, England who are selling fake tickets for events.
This scam is mainly targeted to people in the United States in which they ask the user to transfer a large sum of money via Western Union on the promise they will receive the tickets.
They con the user into thinking the purchase is being made via Parcel2Go (the user believes they are making payment to Parcel2Go) and that Parcel2Go will also deliver the tickets. The fake website they direct you to is http://parcel2go.com.postalexpress.info (please DO NOT use this website) and is in no way connected to or affiliated with Parcel2Go.com.
Parcel Delay Email
We've been made aware of an unidentified sender delivering emails to our customers pretending to be Parcel2Go.com.
The email subject line is 'Your Package is Delayed'. The email itself states that there has been a delay with the customer's parcel but provides a false P2G reference number. It also contains a link that takes users to an unaffiliated website.
If you receive this email in your inbox, we advise that you delete it immediately. Please do not click the link provided in the email.
How to prevent being caught out by one of these scams
When using the Parcel2Go.com website there are steps that you can take to help protect your account from fraud and scams.
- Type in the Parcel2Go.com URL: To safely and securely access the Parcel2Go.com website or your Parcel2Go.com account, open a new web browser (e.g., Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox) and type in the following: http://www.parcel2go.com
- Never share your Parcel2Go.com password: Parcel2Go.com representatives will never ask you for your password. If you believe someone has learned your password, please change it immediately andcontact us.
- Create a secure password: Choose a password that uses a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols. For example, $coo!place2l!ve or 2Barry5Bonds#1. Avoid choosing obvious words or dates such as a nickname or your birth date.
- Keep your Parcel2Go.com password unique: Don't use the same password for Parcel2Go.com and other online services such as AOL, eBay, MSN, or Yahoo. Using the same password for multiple websites increases the likelihood that someone could learn your password and gain access to your account.
- Don't share personal information via email: We will never ask you to enter your password or financial information in an email or send such information in an email. You should only share information about your account once you have logged in to www.Parcel2Go.com
- Don't download attachments: Parcel2Go.com will never send you an attachment or software update to install on your computer.
Use Your Account Wisely
- Look for legitimate sites: Examine all privacy and security seals before doing business with a particular website and make sure they are legitimate.