With multiple lockdowns and uncertainty in the festive period, it is easy to lose motivation to try new things and feel our options are limited. Take this opportunity and a bit of downtime, to have a clear-out and sort out of your stuff! Whether you’re looking to declutter, bulk up your wallet, or become more sustainable, Shpock is here for you. With Shpock, you can turn almost anything into cash, quick. From electronics and tech to fashion and home decor.
Who is Shpock?
Shpock is a mobile marketplace that brings millions of buyers, sellers and businesses together in one easy-to-use app. Our mission is to make selling joy and help you sell the stuff you no longer love to people who do. Stuff, sold, simple!
Shpock is one of the UK’s most popular shopping apps, with regular #1 rankings in the Google Play and Apple App stores. It’s easy and safe to use, with the extra buyer and seller protection, plus it’s free to sell. Zero fees. Zero hassle. Zero reasons not to.
A few facts and figures:
● 12 million+ monthly active users monthly
● 50 million+ smartphone download
● More than a billion pounds (that’s nine zeros!) of stuff bought and sold in 2018
Sell for free, yes free!
No listing fees, and keep every penny of the sale - straight into your pocket!
Snap it. List it. Sell it.
The Shpock app is free to download and super quick to set up. Join the Shpock community and start selling with three easy steps:
Take Great Photos
show off your items, with all the details, in natural light.
Set an Eye-catching Price
see what similar items are going for on Shpock and set a competitive price.
Keep Up to Date
have your notifications turned on and be at the ready for when buyers show interest.
Shpock is Safe
Buy and sell nationwide, with safer deals and protection.
● Seller Payment Guarantee - your money is paid as soon as the buyer confirms they’ve received the item they expected.
● Buyer Protection - get the item you expect or your money back.
● Sending is hassle-free - simply pack and post your item, organise a courier pick up, or take it to a drop off point.
● Safer with no collection - send and receive your items more securely.
Earn more. Worry less.
The Shpock Wallet is where payments are kept safe and secure during your sale.
How Does it Work?
● Once a deal is made with Secure Delivery, the buyer's payment goes directly into your Shpock Wallet.
● When you receive your first payment, fill in your information to set up your wallet.
● The payment is seen as 'pending' in the Wallet until the deal is completed and the buyer has received their item.
● As soon as the buyer has confirmed the item they expected has been received, the money will be released and can be withdrawn by the seller.
Remember, to make the most of this feature you must enter your information and set up your wallet before you can receive your payment.
Top Tip from Shpock: The Best Time to Sell.
Taking a moment to consider when you’re selling something can make a big difference to its saleability, especially if it’s something seasonal.
For example, it’s easier to sell ski equipment in the autumn and winter when people are thinking about their next trip rather than the spring or summer when they’re heading for the beach! If you can hold onto something until it’s a better time to sell, you’ll likely be able to sell quicker and even make a few more pounds along the way.
Here’s a little data we’ve pulled together from Shpock search terms to help you decide when’s best to sell:
+ 416% on a bike on Summer
+ 54% on sofas on summer - typically the moving season
+ 70% on iPhone after Christmas compared to the Summer season
Parcel2Go and Shpock
If you are shopping online with Shpock, you will have the option to ship your parcels with Parcel2Go. Not only do we offer the most affordable courier prices in the UK, but we offer a range of couriers and services to get your parcel from A to B during this tough time.
If you would like to keep up any parcel delivery industry news during this time, find our Coronavirus update page for more.
Stay home, stay safe everyone!