Learn how to make your budget go further with our quick guide on where to find the best student discount in 2022.
How to get Student Discount
Proving your student status is usually enough to get that coveted discount. Flashing your student ID card from your university or college works in most instances, but some places may ask that you have a student discount card or a student discount app:
- Student Beans is a free app and website which offers thousands of enhanced discounts on brands likes ASOS, Gymshark, Dell, Crocs and Pandora. If you’re over 16 and in full-time education at either university, college, sixth form, or high school – this student discount app is for you!
- A turbocharged replacement for the old NUS extra, Totum is #1 for student discounts. With huge discounts at over 300 high street and online brands, you can score cheaper stuff from favourites like ASOS, Apple, and Amazon. You can go for the free version with fewer discounts - or pay £14.99 for the classic card for a year (£24.99 for 3 years).
- UNiDAYS is one of the most popular student discount schemes and is fully free to join. Get access to loads of offers on their website and app.
Where to Find the Biggest Student Discounts
Here’s a list of some of our fave offers that all freshers should know about. There are loads of student discounts available – just don’t forget to check for discount before you buy!
Student Discounts to Stay on Trend
- ASOS Student Discount - 10% off all year round. Check UNiDAYS and Student Beans for limited 15% off deals to really maximise your student discount.
- Adidas - Get 35% off full price, and 20% off outlet items with Student Beans and UNiDAYS.
- Boohoo - Be the best dressed on campus with student discounts from Student Beans and UNiDAYS that range from 20% plus 10% extra, to a massive 50% off at boohooMAN when you spend £50.
- Nasty Gal - For the best threads, get you an extra 20% off Instagram-worthy women’s fashion. Go with UNiDAYS and you’ll get free next day delivery too.
- PrettyLittleThing- From going out dresses to low-key looks, shop for all occasions with 25% off with Student Beans.
Health and Beauty Student Discounts
- Holland & Barrett - Get 20% off vitamins, minerals, and health supplements at Holland & Barrett with Student Beans.
- Myprotein - Fuel your workouts with an amazing 80% off almost everything plus an additional student discount when you use your Totum card or Unidays.
- Boots - Sign up for a Boots Advantage card and you’ll get 10% student discount on thousands of products. You’ll need to take your Totum card along to get set up.
- Superdrug - Make sure you’re feeling fresh for all your lectures by stocking up with everything you need at Superdrug. You’ll get 10% off your order with Student Beans.
Eating and Drink for Cheap
- Domino’s - The perfect hangover cure - unlock 35% off online orders of £25 or more when you use Student Beans or UNiDAYS.
- Co-op - Every penny counts when you’re studying, so to help your budget stretch further Co-op offer student discount of 10% when you show your Totum card in store. Even better - if you’re studying in Leeds, Liverpool, or Manchester you can shop online and get your groceries delivered to your halls within just 2 hours. Check out where your local Co-op food store is here.
- Hello Fresh - Totum will get you 40% off your first 4 boxes at Hello Fresh, which means your weekday meals could be sorted for an entire month!
Keep Fit with Student Discount
- Les Mills On Demand - Stay in shape without leaving the house with Les Mills On Demand. UNiDAYS has a great range of offers including 42% off 12-month membership. You can get free trials too.
- Gymshark - Get kitted out for the gym with Gymshark’s top quality performance wear. Student Beans will get you 25% off.
- PureGym - Perfect for low-cost, flexible gym membership, PureGym offer up to 30% off memberships with UNiDAYS.
Student Discount on Tech
- EE - Get 20% off at EE with Student Beans, which includes discounts on a new phone or SIM only plan. You can also save on Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, Apple Music, and Microsoft 365, depending on your plan.
- Apple Store - If you need some new tech for university, you can get Education Pricing on a Mac or iPad by using your Totum, Student Beans, or UNiDAYS card at your local Apple Store. You’ll also get a gift card worth up to £120!
How to get Student Discount on Travel
Heading home or to visit mates in other cities? Here’s how to save on getting there:
- If you’re travelling by rail, a 16-25 railcard will get you a third off train travel. It costs £30 per year, but the savings will add up quickly.
- Get 20% off your digital Railcard when you book at trainline through Student Beans.
- Travelling by bus? National Express offer 15% off with Totum, Student Beans, and UNiDAYS.
Left Something Important at Home?
Moving away to university or college is a stressful time. There’s so much to remember, so don’t panic if you’ve left something behind.
Whether it’s an important cable, some must-have textbooks, or those trainers you just can’t live without, ask your parents to post it from as little as £2.34!
Parcel2Go means you can easily save on shipping and with both drop off and collection services, you can book your delivery online and your parents won’t even have to leave the house to get your goods to you! Get a free quote here.